If you would like to submit your band (or yourself) for coverage in Rock Revolt™Magazine, please make it easy on us to know what you’re asking of us by following the guidelines below and submitting to the proper email addy/department.
NOTE: This is for bands that are not represented by a Record Label and/or professional PR firm. Labels & PR Firms, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL SUBMITTED INFORMATION MUST INCLUDE (News/Reviews/Music Submissions/Interview Requests):
- Band name, members names/instruments played, genre, City, State, contact information including email and a phone number for at at least two members of the band or management.
- Links to all relevant band sites (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Short bio – 250 words or less
- Even if you have the slickest EPK on the planet…still make sure all of this info. is on it. Thanks!
- MUSIC MUST BE SUBMITTED in either MP3 format or a direct link to listen to your music in one place. “Check out our music on our FB, website, Reverb, iTunes… ” We do not have time to going to go searching for your stuff – and won’t.
- If you are submitting your music for an ALBUM/EP REVIEW, please attach ALL of the songs with titles.
- If you are submitting your music for consideration of an interview, feature article or Indie Band of the Week, then send TWO of what you think are your BEST songs.
- Do not send music with “NEWS” stories unless it is relevant to the story, i.e., “Get Free Download of Face Melt’s new song, ‘We Melted Your Eyeballs’!”
Band News (Press Releases & Stuff): email@example.com
What’s going on with your band – did you just get signed as support on a tour, going out on tour, performing at a big charity fundraiser, finish up an album, win a national contest? We want to know about it! Make the subject line of the email in “headline” type format (example: Face Melt Playing Uproar Festival Tour in 2013!).
Band Reviews: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALBUM/EP/MP3 Reviews: should be in the format listed above and emailed no later than three weeks prior to drop/release date. Please make the subject line of the email contains Band Name, Name of new Album/EP & Drop date (example: Face Melt, Melting the Masses, Release Date: 12/1/12)
- Live Show Reviews: As much as we love our indie bands, there is only so much time and we are scattered far and wide across the U.S. and beyond. Therefore, please do not invite us to attend every gig that you have. If we are coming out to see you, we’ll let you know. However, if you are touring in support of a headlining band and would like to let us know, then we can be sure to catch your set if we know about it in time and get live shots. Again, timing is everything….we need at least one month’s notice to arrange.
Submissions for interviews or coverage in RR: email@example.com
Please make sure that you’ve read the “All Submitted Information Must Include” section twice then send all of it along with a reason why we should consider interviewing YOU or YOUR BAND and give you coverage in RR on our website, digital or print magazine!
Thank you all and we look forward to hearing your music!